Each year, the community comes together to support the work of the Eastern Illinois Foodbank in dozens of communities throughout the region. There are many ways you can be involved. If you’re interested in learning more, please contact us at FoodforFams(at)eifoodbank.org.
Get involved at home.
- Give online. Each dollar you donate can help provide almost 4 meals for hungry kids and their families.
- Give by mail. You can also mail a check made payable to the Eastern Illinois Foodbank at 2405 N Shore Dr., Urbana, IL 61802. Be sure to label it “Food for Families.” Or, at the end of September, look for a mailing from the Foodbank. If you don’t receive our mailings but would like to, please contact us.
Get involved at the game.
- Attend the 2012 Food for Families Kickoff. Food for Families kicks off on September 29 at the U of I vs. Penn State game at Memorial Stadium. Look for our volunteers at each of the four corners around the stadium to make a donation of food or cash.
Get involved at the store.
- Grocery Store Food Drives. Nonperishable food donations will be accepted at all local CU County Market, Walmart, Common Ground Food Co-Op and Strawberry Fields stores. A pre-sacked bags of groceries featuring our most needed items are available for purchase at all local Schnucks super markets. Bags will be on display right at the checkout and will be picked up by the Eastern Illinois Foodbank. For a full list of participating stores, click here.
Get involved at school.
- School food drives. Collect nonperishable food at your school from October 1 – 12 to be donated to the Foodbank’s network of agencies feeding the hungry. Contact us at FoodforFams(at)eifoodbank.org or at 217-328-3663 for more information.
- School Food Fight. Partner with other local schools to help beat a collective goal: to raise enough money for at least 30,000 meals.
Get involved at work.
- Participate in the Corporate Challenge. Work together with other businesses towards the common goal of raising enough money for 100,000 meals ($25,000). Get creative with it! For example, one local company has a pot luck challenge – each department takes turns making lunch for the whole company each day, and employees chip in a donation to “buy” their lunch.
- Coordinate a food drive at your office. It can be as simple as placing a collection in your office or as elaborate as holding a “CANstruction” where employees bring in cans of food and construct a sculpture out of it. The Foodbank will supply collection bins, signage, flyers, and food pickup after the drive is complete.Sign up for the Corporate Challenge or food drive here.
- Sponsor Food for Families. Support local families and get recognition for your business. By signing on as a Food for Families sponsor in 2012, you can fight hunger across eastern Illinois—and show your customers that they can feel good for supporting you. Indeed, 3 out of 4 consumers are likely to switch brands because of positive cause association. Sponsorship opportunities are detailed here and range from $1,000-$5,000 providing a variety of benefits to your business.
Support our Sponsors.
The businesses and organizations listed below help make Food for Families possible by sponsoring our drive. Show ‘em some love–and be sure to let ‘em know how much you appreciate their support of the Foodbank!
School Spirit Sponsors: